How to design an email marketing strategy from scratch?
Knowing how to do an email marketing campaign can be easy with a tutorial, but creating a strategy with goals that you then have to measure is something else entirely.
We have the habit of creating and launching actions without clearly having what we need and not knowing exactly how to measure the results. Through this post I will share the steps to create step by step an email marketing strategy from scratch.
1 - Objectives
This is the part where you put in writing what you need, some objectives would be:
- Create a new channel to keep the public loyal
- Create a new channel to sell to the public
- Increase sales through the newsletter
- Increase the number of subscribers
Once you have the goals you have to define your goals, the ones that will make you take it more seriously, for example:
- Increase 15% of sales
- Increase subscription subscribers 20% per month
- Increase traffic coming from newsletter by 30%
2 - Email marketing strategy Let's imagine that you have a store that sells product.
Your goal Sell ??products through the newsletterYour strategies - Submission of product tests for subscribers
- Super exclusive offers for subscribers
- Sending content related to the products in the newsletter
- Inclusion of promotional banners within the newsletter
- Creation of videos tutorials of the products
- Exclusive contests and sweepstakes for subscribers
Content types To execute these strategies the contents could be: - News
Frequency of contents For this type of sales strategies it is advisable to send even one newsletter a week, but eye, if you do not have good content best make one a month ?? It is better less quality than many without quality.
Shipping Plan Plan your month with the most important moments in email marketing campaigns, newsletter creation, sending, reporting and constant recruitment of subscribers to always reach more people.
Email Marketing Tools
There are many platforms for newsletter submissions, yet you must identify the one that best suits your needs. Here is a list of tools
- Acumbamail is the one I use today, works great, offers good services and above is all in Spanish. I recommend you check it out
- Mailchimp is the most recognized, what I like is that it offers drag and drop and to start is great, but has very few free for the initial version.
- GetResponse is also cool but paid, offers 30 free days in which even send you emails to train in email marketing. Without a doubt a very good content strategy
- Benchmark Email that works great and has up to automation.
San Jose, Costa Rica
Mon - Fri: 8AM - 5PM
Sat: 8AM - 1PM
Share this article via Whatsapp
An SEO Expert is not
Any person, first,
To be an expert in an area
You must spend an extended time
Exercising that area and so ...
Learn the techniques and
Strategies to improve
Your web position ...